Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm back. :D

All this past week, people/professors have been discussing putting artistic works into the world if we want any sort of recognition. And to accept criticism because it's going to come regardless. Not everyone has to like it or even think it's worthy as long as you can defend it. As long as it's true to you and YOU like it, the criticism won't matter. It only matters when you let it. I forget that sometimes, I forget that it's okay to be rejected but that doesn't mean I should quit. Listen to the criticism and try to apply it. Use it to make yourself better if you want, but STOP QUITTING!
It just felt reassuring, like they knew what was going through my head and they wanted me to know that I need to be true to only myself and stop trying to be better than everyone else, stop thinking that I HAVE to be better than everyone else. That's not what's going to make me great, being true to what I believe will make me great. It's hard to remember that sometimes, it's hard to keep going when a lot of people you thought believed in you cut you down. But it doesn't matter, I've sorted a lot out in my head and I'm back. I have the 365 up to date, but the Saturday Special skipped over the 11th. I don't have anything worthy because I had given up at that point and I refuse to use old or more recent photos for that, so for the SS number 4 there will be a blank spot.

Photos!

20/365
21/365
22/365 Yes, this is a real toy sold at Wal-Mart
23/365
24/365
25/365
26/365
27/365
28/365
29/365
30/365
31/365
32/365

Saturday Special 5:
SS #5: "No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white; just our hands clasped so tight" 'I Will Follow You Into The Dark' Death Cab For Cutie
Some random photos



















No comments:

Post a Comment